School has withdrawn part of exam

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mandelbaum

School has withdrawn part of exam

Post by mandelbaum »

My DS sat a language aptitude test in November. It consisted of three parts: listening skills, written test and a kind of interview. We have received a letter to inform us that as the quality of the tape was poor, the school has decided to withdraw the listening part of the exam (following legal advice) and to only take into account the other two parts.

Given my DS's background I feel he could have done well in the listening part of the exam. Another issue is that the tie breaker rule - in my opinion - will now play a much bigger role as the scope of points has become smaller and hence the chance of more children sharing equal scores has become bigger. As we live quite a long distance away this would work against my DS.

Is there any point of raising my concerns? At this point or should I wait for the outcome in March?

Your advice is much appreciated.
Etienne

Re: School has withdrawn part of exam

Post by Etienne »

You should raise your concerns, but no point in doing so with the admission authority/school - you would only be told "Wait, and take it to an appeal".
Etienne
mandelbaum

Re: School has withdrawn part of exam

Post by mandelbaum »

Thank you very much for your advice Etienne. You have put my mind at rest - wasn't sure if i should do something as reply to school's letter. Will see what happens in March. Spring roll on!