twins appeals bucks

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tcd27

twins appeals bucks

Post by tcd27 »

Hi everyone,wanting some advise.
My twins took the 11+ Sept/Oct 2010 and both unfortunately failed with scores of 120 and 114.Both had been predicted to pass however there are extremely strong extentuating circumstances which have had a great effect on them.
The HT believes that both will do well at Grammar as do their year5 and present year 6 teachers.The school have noted the change in the children but particularily the one with the lower score.
They are both predicted 5s in their sats.Twin1 left year 5 with level 5s in both maths and english whilst twin 2 5 in English and with a reading level at least two years above her age.
How much supporting academic evidence should i get and in what form.Should i get support letters from year 5 teachers as well as year 6 plus head master.How much school work should i take with me to the appeal.
Hope you can advise me.
Etienne

Re: twins appeals bucks

Post by Etienne »

Very sorry to hear your news.

Academic evidence is discussed here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ideally it would help to have as wide a range of evidence as possible (including alternative reasoning test scores).

I suspect letters from year 5 teachers probably won't add much to your case.

Have a good look through the Q&As. E12 advises on school work.
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi tcd27

Please could you tell us what the Head's Recommendations were for both of the twins?

Sally-Anne
tcd27

Post by tcd27 »

HT predicted both to pass and in the appeal letter he has given twins both 2.1 highly recommended for grammar and self starter highly motivated independant worker.The grapevine says that HT well respected in predictions and recommendations
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

A good start!

Do you have any other test results - CATs or reading test results?

S-A
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now