Appeal medway

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hellybeds

Re: Appeal medway

Post by Hellybeds »

Hi tiredmum, we are all good thanks, hope you are too?

Sophiesmom - all I can suggest is that you do your homework and supply as much evidence of your DD's ability as possible.

Most importantly, make sure that the panel are aware that you have already been to review, as you are there to prove that it was unfair.

If you have read our case, you will see that it was an absolute shambles, with neither the panel or the representative from the council having a clue.

I am led to believe that the review process in Medway is being looked into, and they may have now implemented a fairer system, but by looking at your previous post, this doesn't seem to have happened as of yet!

Evidence, take notes, or if possible get another person to come in the room with you to do so, as what the clerk records, isn't neccessarily a correct account of proceedings.

Again, if there are errors, it is very hard to prove that your notes against the clerk's are true, as they tend to close ranks, when faced with any opposition.

Sorry if this sounds negative, it is just the mountain you have to climb.

Had we had the finances at the time, we would have had no hesitation in taking it to the High Court for misadministration.

Good luck, and if there is anything else, I am sure you will get lots of advice from the Forum.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeamD

Post by TeamD »

Sophiesmom - we are in exactly the same situation as you! My DD passed the Kent test but missed the Medway by 5 marks. We went for a review but were unsuccessful (should have listened to sherry_d!) and we were planning to appeal to Fort Pitt too, but I have no idea how to prove that the review was not carried out fairly etc!

Luckily, my DD is excited about going to MGGS and doesn't want us to appeal.

Good luck with the appeal x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now