QE Barnet Twin Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kkp

QE Barnet Twin Appeal

Post by kkp »

could some one please give me any previous appeal experience with QE. One of my twin got an offer from QE on 1st of March. other twin didnot get. He is on waiting list possition 96. I am sure it want go down that far on waiting list usually it goes down to around 50. I am planning to appeal. But I was told I can only appeal after 15th of April. I am very stressed any help will be appericiated. kkp
Etienne

Re: QE Barnet Twin Appeal

Post by Etienne »

I can't help specifically with regard to particular schools, I'm afraid.

For general advice, see our Q&As, and especially:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[scroll down to (b)]
Etienne
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

On what grounds are you appealing? QE boys does not have a sibling rule, so a brother at the school is irrelevant. You would need evidence to support his performance being affected on the day in some way (family crisis, disruption during the exam etc), and his suitablility/potential supported by the head teacher at his current school. Good luck!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

QE boys does not have a sibling rule, so a brother at the school is irrelevant.
An appeal panel is not limited to the admission criteria - it is free to consider any argument a parent wishes to put forward.

What weight it chooses to give to a particular argument is, however, a matter for them. Some panels might be very sympathetic where twins are concerned - others less so.
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now