appeal for a place at CCHS

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TraffordMum

Re: appeal for a place at CCHS

Post by TraffordMum »

Accept the place at Westcliff. If you win your appeal for Colchester then you can always withdraw from the place at Westcliff and it will be reoffered to the next person on the waiting list. If you don't accept Westcliff and you then lose the appeal for Colchester you will be left with neither.

This is perfectly good practice - don't worry!
coolgirl

Post by coolgirl »

thank you for your kind words. Our daughter wants another visit to WEstcliff High Skl for Girls just to make sure she wants to go before we accept the place. We are still going to the appeal with Colchester County High Skl for Girls as we have submitted so much evidence confirming our daughter had an awful lot going on at home which didnt help when sitting the english paper. Our daughter has also stated that she remembered a girl sitting to the left of her who was tapping her leg all through the exams which also didnt help. Unfortunately we didnt put this information in the appeal letter. We can keep fingers crossed we may be lucky.
dutchy005

Post by dutchy005 »

Definitely mention this. In our DS's English exam there was a boy in front crying. The panel was very very interested in the disturbance. You never know one of the invigilators might have noticed it and it could be a deciding factor for you. You have nothing to lose by mentioning it and you could always ask the question of the PO who should have the invigilators' report.
coolgirl

Post by coolgirl »

have had letter this morning from the appeal panel and we were NOT successful. so we are pleased we accepted the place for WHSG. Our daughter will be attending WHSG in September 2011. Fingers crossed she makes friends as she is the only one going from her Primary School in Great Totham.
jingle

Post by jingle »

I hope she is very happy there. Don't worry, sometimes the kids who go on to secondary 'en masse' are the ones who have the most difficulty branching out friendship wise. My dd who was very shy has had no difficulties as the only one from her P school. I was really worried, but it was so much better than I thought it would be.
All the best
J
R3ad1ngDad

Post by R3ad1ngDad »

Yes i was the only one who went to my secondary and it allowed me to "reinvent" myself socially and lose a load of baggage
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now