Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:19 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Good luck
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:51 am
Posts: 1161
This time last year i was getting all my papers together for my dd's over-subscription appeal to a school that had a cut-off score she had missed by a couple of marks. It was a nerve-wracking experience that was made worse by things going on within my family. I COULD NOT have made it through without the support of this site, the experts who give their time and others who share their experiences to help you.

Our appeal was a success and now a year on dd and i are sure we made the right decision in appealing for her.

I want to say good luck to all who are going through appeals this year where ever you are in the country. The key is evidence, evidence and more evidence and to know your case inside out. Be confident about why your child would thrive at that school and ready for any questions they may ask.

GOOD LUCK one and all :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOOD LUCK
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:21 am
Posts: 2125
tiredmum wrote:
I want to say good luck to all who are going through appeals this year where ever you are in the country. The key is evidence, evidence and more evidence and to know your case inside out. Be confident about why your child would thrive at that school and ready for any questions they may ask.

GOOD LUCK one and all :)


Can't add much to that really, other than my own good luck wishes! :)

_________________
Marylou


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOOD LUCK
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:58 pm
Posts: 10
What a great message.....:D..... thanks!!

Am now waiting for a date for the dreaded appeal!

The support, help and advice on here is fantastic. So many lovely people, with such positive words!

Good luck to all........ x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOOD LUCK
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:16 pm
Posts: 61
Thanks for the message and Good luck to all Appeal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOOD LUCK
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 344
Location: Rochester
Thanks dear. I am trying to keep away now as I feel I might not be adding anything to the forum and might have been hogging the boards with stupid questions. I feel that I am pretty much all over the appeal now and hope to get the papers in this week, will update you when it's over xx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOOD LUCK
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:51 am
Posts: 1161
rubyhettybetty wrote:
Thanks dear. I am trying to keep away now as I feel I might not be adding anything to the forum and might have been hogging the boards with stupid questions. I feel that I am pretty much all over the appeal now and hope to get the papers in this week, will update you when it's over xx


of course you are not hogging the boards - am glad you have it all wrapped up though - any last min questions then come back and ask away :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOOD LUCK
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:53 am
Posts: 16
Can anyone help with what questions are frequently asked of parents at appeals ?? x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GOOD LUCK
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:51 am
Posts: 1161
Angrymum357 wrote:
Can anyone help with what questions are frequently asked of parents at appeals ?? x


follow this link to the feedback area - each poster has written what questions they were asked
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9205

also read this - scroll down to where it says -B7 questions that may be asked

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... lification


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016