Appeals Skinners'

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sharky

Re: Appeals Skinners'

Post by Sharky »

Kaloosam
I am sorry to hear the news wasn't as you hoped. you know you did your best.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Sharky...how did you get on? Good news???? We haven't had a letter today :(
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

Thanks Sharky, maybe that is what is helping me feel so calm when I thought I would be distraught... I do know we did our best (we were complimented on the way we had put together the appeal by the pannel!)and clearly some others were more deserving - you can't argue with that.

The letter we received was pretty straightforward in summing everything up - again nothing to argue with there. Time now to focus on making DS's next school work for him, but somehow I just can't seem to stop checking this site...

Know several people who got their 'no' letter today. Am hoping for all of you that haven't heard yet that they sent out all the definite no letters first!

I genuinely hope there is some good news out there for some of you x
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Sad to say that we found out this evening (my neighbour brought our mis-posted post 'round !) that it was a no for us too.
Good luck to all those still waiting !
houseful

Post by houseful »

sorry to hear your news tigger2 and kaloosam.

Good luck to the rest of you.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Sorry to hear your news. :(
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

I'm so sorry Tigger, what a shame. How are you doing ?
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Thank you for everyones kind words-it is much appreciated. We are a bit fed up but at least the sun's out ! One further appeal planned but we are taking a couple of days to think....problem is the allocated school is not good and we're under pressure not to send him there.
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

Hey, it's all gone very quiet ... Any more news out there?... I can take it... Honestly... I can... :o
laurash

Post by laurash »

Hi Kaloosam

We won our appeal. Got the letter this am. It's strange but it's all an anti-climax in a way as I had already convinced myself that we wouldn't and made plans for the other school. My son seemed totally uninterested in the whole affair!! ( but then later he said that he had been thinking about it but didn't want to say). Just goes to show that perhaps parents take it all very seriously but the boys just want to see their friends and get on with their lives. Anyway, I can't say it doesn't feel good- just very strange after being warned time and again not to get our hopes up.

Good luck to anyone else who is waiting- what a horrible experience this is.