appeal in warwickshire

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bugsy

ED psych report in!

Post by bugsy »

Sons domain scores ranged between Superior and low average! 95th percentile in Verbal comprehension. (both 11+ papers were VR) Reading comprehension on the WIAT-11UK was 98th percentile. But processing speed gave him an age equivalent of only 8:10. Now I recognise that this is useful info for us to have for future use but should I include the report in the appeal?
His overall level of general/cognitive ability (FSIQ) is 70th percentile ' but this does not reflect his high verbal intelligence.'
The summary suggests that he was disadvantaged by this extreme and his personnal circumstances. I am tempted to still use it. What do you think?
His GP letter concludes "He must have had days through this period when his performance was below par and his attention poor. I would be grateful if this can be taken into account in the assessment of his final performance as his result may well not have reflected his true abillity because of medical problems."
BTW I was not charged for the GP letter. He has been very helpful and pointed out that his letter had to stand up in court and so I was very pleased with his last statement. The Psych report cost £300 and we feel that it has told us things about our son that we did not know so even if you think we shouldn't use it I don't feel it was a waste of money.
Etienne

Re: ED psych report in!

Post by Etienne »

bugsy wrote:The Psych report cost £300 and we feel that it has told us things about our son that we did not know so even if you think we shouldn't use it I don't feel it was a waste of money.
Dear Bugsy

I'm glad you feel it was worthwhile - it's a comment people often make (irrespective of the appeal outcome).

I'd be inclined to use the report. After all, you specifically needed evidence of verbal intelligence, and you've got it!

Depending on how the report is laid out, another possibility would be to photocopy just the bit relating to verbal comprehension, explain to the panel that this was the entire purpose of the report, and add "but I have the full report with me if you wish to see it."

Best wishes
Etienne
bugsy

success

Post by bugsy »

:P Just heard that our 1st appeal in South Warwickshire was successful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Yet to tell my son. We have another appeal tomorrow for another Grammar but I fell more confident as there is not so much riding on this one, even though it is his preffered school. Thanks so much for all the advice and help I have got from this site, I would not have known where to start without it.
New Appeal Parent

Post by New Appeal Parent »

Dear Bugsy

Congratulations. What a wonderful news! You can now relax and you will do well at tomorrow's appeal knowing that you have already done one and won it.

:)
Long Time Browser

Post by Long Time Browser »

Congratulations Bugsy well done :D
Suzie Q
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Excellent news.. Well Done and Congratulations!

Bugsy please join us in Rehab.
We have just purchased shares with Bollinger so it's always available. :wink:

It would be great if you could stick around to help others with there appeals in the future.

Well done once again.. I will continue to keep everything crossed for you tomorrow..

AM
Bexleymum

Post by Bexleymum »

Congratulations bugsy - what wonderful news :D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news Bugsy -
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now