Wirral Grammar school for girls appeal 25/7/11

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

polly9

Wirral Grammar school for girls appeal 25/7/11

Post by polly9 »

Hi my Daughter did not pass 11 plus but we only put West Kirby down as prefered school. We did not get through the appeal. I contacted the schools admin as in mainstream applications on 0151 606 2000 and they told me to put an application in for Wirral Grammar and it would be refused so I could go to appeal which I have done and we have an appeal date for 25th July. I am told there are only 3 people who know and are doing this. We appealed because of family problems at the time and my daughters sats were 5c science 3b maths and 4a english. She has now got a 4b in maths 5c science and 5c english what do you think my chances are.
hermanmunster

Re: Wirral Grammar school for girls appeal 25/7/11

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Polly9 and welcome

At the appeal you will have to demonstrate that your daughter has the academic ability to cope with the grammar school. This will come from CATS and SATS and other evidence eg school reports and info from her teachers. Most children who go to GS have 5s in SATS but not all by any means.

If you feel she should have done better on the day but was affected by family problems then you will need evidence of these, backed up by contact with professionals etc. Also if she was doing better at school and then her work got worse while there were problems at home, the teachers may have noticed and could comment on this.

It will to some extent depend how far you were away from the pass mark? Have you got her scores and the passmark?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now