Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:15 pm 
Dear Etienne,
I've just received the headteacher's report and I would be grateful if you would give me your opinion on it, teacher's have a way of saying everything in a positive way, but I don't know whether it is good enough.
English level 4/5-(can I use the fact she is a June child for not being level 5, these levels were dated 1/2007 and I assume they can't be age related?)
Mathematics level 5- she meets new and challenging concepts head on and is a most able mathematician.
Science level 5-she is a very able scientist who enjoys the challenge of new concepts. She has the ability to help others in their learning.
Suitability for Grammar School-yes
She is a good 'all-rounder' but is exceptionally talented in art. There are other comments but I thought these were the ones that I should concentrate on in my appeal. My husband thinks she is average, is she good enough? She missed by 3 points and I have the doctors letter for her sinus problem. Thank you for taking the time to help me yet again!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:24 pm 

Hello, Karen

If I understand correctly, these are not predictions for KS2, but are the levels your daughter was thought to be working at in January? If so, they seem acceptable. They're not age-related, so she is achieving above-average results despite being young for the year. I particularly like the comments "most able" and "very able"!

So far, so good.

Best wishes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:29 pm 

Karen wrote:
teacher's have a way of saying everything in a positive way

Not always, Karen! I am also very encouraged by the report you have there. I think your husband may be underestimating her ability.

Don't overplay the sinus problem - focus on the academic.

Good luck!

Sally-Anne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:45 pm 
Dear Etienne and Sally
thank you for your help, I feel very proud of my daughter even if we don't win the appeal !

Karen