Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Reply for diz

school not suitable

Post by Reply for diz »

Hi
Sorry to worry you.
A friend went to view school yesterday and was really impressed!
My husband went to this school years ago and was unhappy there, I'm sure it has changed loads since then. So we do not want our son to go there. However, we havn't looked around the school and people that have, say it's really good now. Infact it has been recommended by another school head who knows her stuff.
kentmum2
Alex

Post by Alex »

Can you not appeal against a school? A mother I know does not want her daughter to attend the school allocated her, on account of her son having been set on fire by another child in same school. The girl refuses to go.
You can appeal against a school, however, you have to think about what outcome that may have. If you win you merely force the LA to allocate another school without having any input into which school that might be. Far better to appeal FOR a school you want.

Were the LA made aware of the reasons for the school preferences expressed and why this particular school was not wanted? LA's must "have regard" to the parents' reason for their preference. I think in cases like these it is probably wise to seek some expert advice. The ACE helpline is very good generally.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now