Bucks appeal - khanj010's appeal thread

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: Bucks appeal - khanj010's appeal thread

Post by hermanmunster »

khanj010 wrote:yes i did but i have not spoke to him as he was not in today but i left a message so hopefully tomorrow morning.
is it better for me to see him personally as to what i need, can i do this as you only need appointments if your ill, not for writing letters.
Some practices encourage to leave your number and the GP will phone you back - sounds like this is what you have done and I suspect this is the best route. You could also offer to put your concerns and thoughts on paper and then it may make it easier for the doctor who will be writing the letter
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Also a friend of mine is in the same position she has not been on this site but wants me to ask if having a letter from the solicitors who knew and helped her through circumstances that happened to her ,will help for her own appeal.
As for the second question ......

If parents are raising their own circumstances, it's a good idea to offer proof of some sort.

However, evidence of the impact on the child would be more important. This could, for example, take the form of a letter from the school saying how upset the child seemed, and how school work had been affected.
Etienne
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

hi guest 55 what about my friends situation , have you got a view on that. thanks
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

thanks Etienne, before i got your post i was sending a message to guest 55
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Academic evidence always comes first - the letter might help if the school can show the work was affected at the same time.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

firstly i would like to say a BIG thanks to everyone who have helped. I dont know what i would of done without all the help and advice ive been given.
Just to update seen the GP today he will write the letter about ds medical conditions, spoke to the local teacher who teaches arabic, and urdu he will write a letter of support and the head helped me write the appeal letter. All these with the school recomendations will be sent on monday. SO NOW I HAVE TO PREPARE MY SELF FOR THE APPEAL any advice and should i prepare something to read as im not good at talking, especially at the end of the hearing so i can sum it up with key factors.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

All you need to know is in the Q&As! :)

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tell the panel "I'm not good at talking" - they'll understand. They've probably come across 100s of parents who find it an ordeal, so they'll sympathise.

Just point to the evidence. Let the evidence speak for itself!

You'll be invited to sum up, but you don't have to, and it won't make any difference. Just remind them that you're not good at talking, and say "I hope the evidence will speak for itself!"
Etienne
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

thanks, ill get back to you when i get the appeal forms sent . Thats when the hard work will start.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

Q1 will sending all my evidence and appeal letters at once give me more of a chance to succeed as they will have more time to consider the case or will it have more of a negative impact, as they will read all the details.

Q2 Can i argue the case that even though we had a extenuating cicumstance that occured on the same day as the first test which affected him more, he still found it more easier then the second paper which he score more in (109/113)

thanks.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Q1 will sending all my evidence and appeal letters at once give me more of a chance to succeed as they will have more time to consider the case or will it have more of a negative impact, as they will read all the details.
They won't have more time to consider your case - papers are sent out to panel members a week or so before the hearing, irrespective of when you submitted everything.
Q2 Can i argue the case that even though we had a extenuating cicumstance that occured on the same day as the first test which affected him more, he still found it more easier then the second paper which he score more in (109/113)
I'm doubtful about what weight could be attached to how a child finds a particular paper - it's not something that can be proved.

It's not uncommon that children who think one paper is easier than the other turn out to have performed better in the other paper! :?
Etienne