appeals submissions

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

Thank you so much for digging that posting out for us all.

My god do I feel for that family. The lack of support is criminal. :evil: How does that head teacher sleep at night!!!!!!!

It has got me thinking if I have enough academic evidence. Only 2 appeals out of 38 were successful last year for the school I'm appealing for. I wish I could wake up and find this is all bad dream :cry:

Jenny
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Etienne wrote:Sally-Anne!!! :shock:
And I thought we were the sober ones.

Have you too been corrupted by "Everything Else"???
Thankfully not - but I have always been prone to going out and having fun! It is a habit that has been curtailed in the last 12 years by children, but I am hopeful that I may yet return to my previous lifestyle at some stage, and still have the stamina to cope with it! (On the evidence of last night, or perhaps this morning, I am living in my dreams!)

Mother..

Etienne is being very sober and practical, so please listen to her for the next few hours until I have recovered the full use of my senses!

Sally-Anne
Tired Mum

Post by Tired Mum »

jenny wren wrote:Thank you so much for digging that posting out for us all.

My god do I feel for that family. The lack of support is criminal. :evil: How does that head teacher sleep at night!!!!!!!

It has got me thinking if I have enough academic evidence. Only 2 appeals out of 38 were successful last year for the school I'm appealing for. I wish I could wake up and find this is all bad dream :cry:

Jenny
Exactly how I felt when I read the post. Sorry to tell you that this is not a dream, but at least we have the benefit of the advice on offer here :) :)
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

Sorry to interrupt the “sane” and the sober, but the “Everything else* folk are/will always offer support, laughs, drinks and chocolates to those on the waiting lists and Appeals ( I should know, I am on both) Mother Jenny Wren, please join us for some time out, Sa11y Anne, Appeals Mum, Dame Etienne ( a secret voyeur!) Can vouch for us.

Good Luck to one and all.
Guest38

Post by Guest38 »

Been reading these threads with interest and would just like to add that I REALLY had to hassle our son's school for as much academic evidence for our appeal, and I truely believe it made a difference. I must have approached the Head at least 4 times to write on headed paper, everything I thought would be relevant - KS1 Sats, interim Sats, any recent assessment results etc. It is a shame that the Heads do not do this as a matter of cause. My son had his results from a maths assessment (5b) the day before our appeal and I phoned the school when he came home and asked if it would be at all possible to have this mark in writing as I felt it showed good, current academic evidence to take to the appeal. Thankfully they agreed to put it in writing on headed paper and there I was on the morning of the appeal, running into school to get my last minute piece of evidence!! In my experience I can not stress enough that hassling the school is the only way. I felt I had all the necessary evidence to give the panel if I needed to and it really helped my confidence to get through the whole appeal process. We were successful and he got his first choice school which after 4 months of anxiety, sleepless nights etc (you all know the score!) is just the best news. I wish you all lots of luck.
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Dame Etienne
Sally-Anne!!!
And I thought we were the sober ones.

Have you too been corrupted by "Everything Else"???
Just found this as I was about to retire for the night. I do read everything on the Forum, even if it's not in my locality or for my requirements.

I would respectfully invite you to take time off your busy and important work to come join us on the EVERYTHING ELSE thread.

Like Rosey said, we are very ordinary mums and dads and if you met our offspring, you would see that we are most uncorruptible members of the community you can find.

Dame Sa11y-Anne..I can't speak for her all the time...she has her moments but is really only letting down her hair occasiona11y after hard grafting a11 day and night.

We so appreciate your hard work and can't thank you enough but let us get you a drink and show our genuine thanks...even those who do not need your help are impressed by the way you dispense wisdom and advice to ease the relentless anguish the parents feel.

Even if you don't feel like one, you are a true Dame in our eyes.
Please drop by...we promise you a sober time if you want one and a fun time if you fancy one! You know everyone anyway...
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Hello, Rosey and LBSWM

I do hope you realise the quote above was said "tongue in cheek" :D
Of course I don't really mind my dear friend Sally-Anne letting her hair down in another forum (provided she finishes memorising the Code of Practice on Appeals first of all ......... :D)

Things tend to be pretty serious in Appeals, so "Everything Else" provides some welcome relief for stressed-out parents and advisers.

If I rarely post elsewhere, it's because all my mailboxes are full to overflowing. However, I remain a secret admirer of "Everything Else", and can tell you in the strictest confidence that I have developed a soft spot for Mr Fennelly. Now it really would be fun to conjugate some Latin verbs with him .......... :oops:

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit!

DameEtienneThe Sober
Etienne
Tired Mum

Post by Tired Mum »

Now it really would be fun to conjugate some Latin verbs with him ..........

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit!

DameEtienneThe Sober

appeals submissions

Post by mother »

Dear All - just a big thank you to everyone who has offered help and advice. Just on my way to post submission - can't see that there is much more to be said and it will be a relief to get it on its way and join Everthing Else in a fug of alcohol and chocolate!! Thanks again and good luck to all.
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

We will be waiting!
A word of wisdom before you come on over, Sally-Anne is on tip top form today so please be careful and dont rise to the bait. :wink: