appeals submissions

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
guest120

Post by guest120 »

appeal help - I am going to see the head of my child's school this week, I have read your q&a session, but would you just mind giving me some advice on questions to ask him. Obviously I am going to ask for his support and as much written evidence as possible but any tips would be helpful.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear guest120

Assuming this is an appeal against non-qualification, then I have suggested some questions in the first sticky post above.

Other posters have pointed out that evidence should always be on official notepaper, and that you may need to be persistent! (I'm afraid headteachers do vary a lot in terms of how helpful they will be, and how well they really understand the appeal system.)

Good luck!
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

To add to Etienne's comments, I would recommend attaching the original letter on headed paper with your Appeal papers, not a photocopy. Obviously you should also make a photocopy for yourself first though!

Sally-Anne
Guest120

Post by Guest120 »

thanks I am off this morning, I will let you know how I get on! Part of me thinks why don't I just get a grip and accept he didn't pass but the other part of me thinks I have nothing to lose by appealing. Stupid system agghh!!!!

From previous experience how much longer will it be until I wake up in the morning and it's not the first thing I think about?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Guest 120

Good luck this morning - hope you get all that you need.

You must appeal if you feel that your child deserves a place at the school - you will always think "what if?" otherwise.

To answer your question as best I can, you will wake up every day for a long time thinking about it if you allow yourself to. Keep busy, distract yourself in any way you can and then the impact of the Appeal will diminish. If you allow it to take over, it will.

Sally-Anne
mother

appeals submissions

Post by mother »

very sound advice sally-anne - although a good night's sleep seems like a very distant memory!!!
Guest120

Post by Guest120 »

Sally-Anne wrote:Hi Guest 120

Good luck this morning - hope you get all that you need.

You must appeal if you feel that your child deserves a place at the school - you will always think "what if?" otherwise.

To answer your question as best I can, you will wake up every day for a long time thinking about it if you allow yourself to. Keep busy, distract yourself in any way you can and then the impact of the Appeal will diminish. If you allow it to take over, it will.

Sally-Anne
Just got back, great news, he was very very supportive and has written a fantastic letter for us, backed up with mock results and teacher's letters of support, this is the best I have felt for ages. Thank you for all your support everyone, I will keep you posted.
jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

To all of the appeal mums and dads out there remember-

"it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil"

and here's another one -

"shy boys get jam & bread"

Thats why we are all appealing, fighting our own little corners and banging on doors for letters of support.

Good luck to us all
Jenny :D :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now