120 out of 121 .... (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bikeman

120 out of 121 .... (Bucks)

Post by bikeman »

My daughter got 120 of the required 121...

She had no tutoring. I mention this because she has the aptitude for grammer and is not one of kids coached beyond their ability and deserves a school that matches her abilities.

There are some external factors which have affected her close family death, divorce and more and I was aware that I should have told the school abou these in advance but I wanted her to do this herself and not provide excuses. Will including such infor in an appeal just come across as manufaturing a sob story?

Also she is a county swimmer and the high number of training sessions does impact her schooling.

What extra info do I need to request in order to lodge an appeal?

What are good grounds for a successful appeal?

We're in Buckinghamshire.
hermanmunster

Re: 120/121....

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Bikeman - sorry to hear that you are 1 irritating point short!!! :evil:

Have you read the Q&A on appeals ?? http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
can be very helpful and answers quite a lot of questions

120 is nearly there, but for successful appeal you have to include:
- evidence of ability (most important) - CAT scores / teachers reports etc.
- don't mentioning the tutoring - doesn't cut much ice, though you may get asked at appeal whether she was tutored.
- extenuating circumstances - these are relevant IF they affected her work, if so then it is a small part of the appeal letter / form, just explaining how she was affected.
- swimming - on the whole success at sport doesn't help BUT if she has done well at school despite lots of training time etc then it might be worth mentioning ... but at this point I will defer to S-A and Etienne.!!
Etienne

Re: 120/121....

Post by Etienne »

Herman has done a very good job! :D

The starting point should definitely be to read the Q&As.
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now