Non-qualification for Berks but highly qualified for Bucks.

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Etienne

Re: Non-qualification for Berks but highly qualified for Buc

Post by Etienne »

It may have got overlooked because there was no question raised on the forum (although you did mention the email).
Sorry about that! :oops:

Do you have any evidence relating to the extenuating circumstances? (e.g. letters or emails?)
Etienne
munch

Post by munch »

Etienne-yes I have evidence of problems going back to 2010 when DS was in Year 4 including a parent-teacher contact book and a strong letter to HM. I am sending this to you- could you let me know if this is sufficient?
munch

Post by munch »

Sorry Etienne, I meant I have emailed the appeal inbox for further background.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thanks, Munch.

The two points you refer to are worth a mention, but I would keep them very brief (no more than a couple of sentences on each). Let the panel draw more information out of you if they want to. The reason for this is that appeals tend to be won or lost on the academic evidence.
Etienne
munch

Post by munch »

Thank you Etienne, if I proceed with appeal then that's what I will do.

Berks is not our top choice and things would be a lot easier if we knew results (at least) of our top choice as that would dictate whether we need to appeal to Berks or not. I may find myself not needing to have appealed for Berks if we get it (find out on 1/3 along with allocations letter which seems really really late), equally if I do nothing now and DS doesn't get first choice then it's too late to appeal for Berks. Seems like a lot of unnecessary extra work just because of the way the dates fall. :roll:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

In fact there is no statutory time limit for appealing (whatever they tell you!). If you miss whatever deadline they come up with, it doesn't stop you appealing - although you may of course miss the main batch of hearings. This is usually thought to be a disadvantage - but is not necessarily so.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
munch

Post by munch »

Thanks for that info Etienne-very handy to know.