new evidence (too late for appeal)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

new evidence (too late for appeal)

Post by www »

Hi, I have very recently realised that my child has been bullied at school. She is very bright girl;will be entered for the Level 6 Maths and English SATs papers. Sadly,she didn't get any places in GS (on waiting list). I was pretty much sure she will get a place in one of the GS, although we didn't have any tutor, could not afford it. Until yesterday I could not understand why she didn't do well on exam days. According to my DD this bulling has started since year 4 has not been bothered and from the beginning of year 6 situation has become more serious.
Few days ago we had appeal. Because I did not aware of my DD's bulling and I didn't tell in the appeal panel. Could you kindly advise what should I do about this issue in the future. Is it late to do something?
Unfortunately,some of the bullier girls will be in the same local school that she has been allocated. DD really worried about it.
I am devastated. :cry: I do not know what to do.
Thanks
marshmallow

Re: Appeal help please!

Post by marshmallow »

Hi ,

Your poor dd :(

I am not sure what the situation is regarding the fact you have already had the appeal or if there is a facility for submitting late evidence. Sure someone will advise soon. These facts would certainly have supported an oversubscription argument as well as extenuating circumstances for academic performance.

Lets hope that your appeal goes well.

You obviously need to deal with the situation at the primary school itself, She still has several weeks left and contact her existing allocated school to make them aware of the situation so hopefully they can at least be in seperate classes.

Breaks you heart to see children in this situation - best of luck
MM
x

Re: Appeal help please!

Post by www »

Dear marshmallow,
Thank you very much for your prompt response. I will take into account your advice.
I am so glad DD managed to express herself. Hopefully, we will hear some good news from appeal panel.
Regards.
Etienne

Re: new evidence (too late for appeal)

Post by Etienne »

Sorry to hear about this.

See A25b:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The evidence will need to be persuasive.

Bullying is discussed in C2a (vii)
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne

Re: new evidence (too late for appeal)

Post by www »

Thanks Etienne.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now