A Good Experience (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anna48

A Good Experience (Bucks)

Post by anna48 »

We had our Bucks appeal today for my grandson which I attended with his Mother as his Father was unable to come. Despite being warned by numerous people including the Head Teacher that the hearing could be extremely stressful , we encountered nothing but courtsy , helpfulness, and the impression that the panel were anxious to do everything possible to ensure we had time to present all the facts without pressure or indifference. Thank you so much to the panel who gave their time voluntarily to do what must be a very hard job. Whatever the result we came away feeling we had had a most fair and professional hearing. Will let you know the result soon!
FluffyD

Re: A Good Experience (Bucks)

Post by FluffyD »

It is nice to hear a positive story though I must admit I haven't heard any bad ones really, though I only look on here.
Fingers crossed for your grandson.
x
Vic x
anna48

Post by anna48 »

Really thrilled to report that the appeal was successful. His original scores were 116/119. We submitted the HTs report (very supportive) and a Year 5 report in advance. On the day our presentation of evidence took no more than 4 minutes (well rehearsed), followed by 10 minutes of questions from the panel. We then showed them some certificates and recent classwork. Many thanks to all the advice on this site. Without that we would not have had any idea of how to manage.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Congratulations to you, his mum and to him, anna! I am so glad that it was good news after your lovely post about the panel.

Sally-Anne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Agreed - what a nice first post!

So very pleased to hear your news.

Congratulations! :D
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now