Any chance?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
anxiousanna

Re: Any chance?

Post by anxiousanna »

To say I am concerned is an understatement. Of course this will predjudice my child. Can anyone advise what I should do? should I wait until the appeal and raise it then.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

If you follow the link I gave further above, the position should be clear.
Etienne wrote:See this thread:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... st#p306777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spatel2, my feeling is that the clerk or the chair should have intervened during the hearing to make clear that the panel cannot take the waiting list into consideration. It's not ideal for the chair to be explaining this to the panel in private behind closed doors. However, if he did so, and provided this is clearly recorded in the clerk's notes, I think it would probably be satisfactory.
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

anxiousanna wrote:To say I am concerned is an understatement. Of course this will predjudice my child. Can anyone advise what I should do? should I wait until the appeal and raise it then.
You have three options:
1. You could write and ask the clerk why this information is included, when it would be a breach of the mandatory provisions of the Code for any panel to take account of position on the waiting list.
2, You could put this question at the hearing.
3. You could wait for the outcome of the appeal, and then if necessary raise these concerns with the ombudsman or EFA as appropriate.
Etienne
Spatel2

Post by Spatel2 »

We had the appeal yesterday, so I have tried to contact the appeal's clerk via the venue, but no luck so far (today's the last day of the appeals).

Was wondering if I should email the schools admissions so she can forward it to the Clerk (but the school's admin is off today!)
anxiousanna

Post by anxiousanna »

Hi , I was wondering if everyone who appealed to CRGS has had their decisions today. I have heard of a couple and am obviously very pleased for Suresh :D :D :D but, I have not recieved my letter and just wanted to check. I am not holding out much hope as we are all aware that appeal panels do not uphold many appeals for this school.
Many thanks
Anna