Appeal help

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Re: Appeal help

Post by Etienne »

It's up to you, but as a rule of thumb don't take up more than 1 side of A4. (You can attach as much supporting evidence as is relevant.)

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
john129

Post by john129 »

Thanks,Etienne.

J
john129

Post by john129 »

Dear Etienne ,

I have sent letter to Appeals box,please could you see if it is suitable.

J
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

It looks very supportive.
Etienne
john129

Post by john129 »

Hi Etienne,

Would you suggest to add anything else to our case or the informstion we have currently should be enough.

J
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I'm afraid I can't tell if anything should be added, because it depends entirely on your own circumstances. :)
However, as I've suggested in another thread, it might help - if applicable - to mention that this was the school your son really wanted to go to, and how heartbroken he was not to have secured a place.
Of course, it invites the question - why does he want to go to this particular school?

Some panel members might be receptive to a degree of enthusiasm .......
Etienne
john129

Post by john129 »

Etienne,

Could I send an email to you regarding legal issues,which I would not like to discuss on forum.It is relating to ongoing appeal.

Please let me know,

J
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Normally we only give advice on the forum, but could you send more details to the Appeals Box so that we can see what the problem is?
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

As far as I can tell from the information available, the admission arrangements have been correctly applied and there are no grounds for challenging them. Changes cannot be made retrospectively, provided that the admission authority took into account all the details you supplied at the time.

You could briefly explain about delayed baptism, but apart from that I would strongly advise you to steer clear of the admission arrangements.

The best way to handle personal circumstances is (a) to let the written evidence you're providing speak for itself, and (b) to respond to any questions the panel wish to ask.

You must try to keep the focus on reasons for wanting/needing a place at the school (e.g. the need for strong pastoral support in the light of everything that has happened).
Etienne
john129

Post by john129 »

Thank you Etienne for all your help.I will follow your advice and see what happens on the day.

J
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now