Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
capers123

Re: Secondary School Appeal

Post by capers123 »

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Although it doesn't sound as if it applies in your case, I do know of schools that are classed as Failing by OFSTED which are not only good schools, but ones that I'd happily send my own children to (and, indeed, had it as 2nd choice, above some grammars). I wouldn't dismiss a school purely on a report.

As for 'professional advice', you'll get far more comprehensive advice here and it's free. I've heard appeals written by professionals, and have been very surprised in what they've concentrated on and left out. Some are legal professionals, used to working in court in an adversarial environment, whereas an appeal (whilst still a legal tribunal), tends to be a little more relaxed - we can take pretty much anything into account, not just obscure points of law. In one appeal, the parents only won because we had to draw out the crucial information that the professional hadn't bothered with (and I should also add were doing so for all the other appeals for that school).

It does sound as if you have a pretty good case, but no-one knows how good other people's appeals for the same school will be, so we can't say you would definitely win; however, if you don't appeal, you certainly won't win!

Good luck
Capers