Poor maths teaching at primary?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
missb

Re: Poor maths teaching at primary?

Post by missb »

Thanks again Etienne, I will have to pluck up the courage to speak to him, bit of a strange relationship there as he was my year 6 teacher :shock:

U400JB9, I am appealing to Clarendon and Dane court though the latter has pretty much told me we will not be successful. I was hoping for Ofsted to step in and save the day but no such luck. Brilliant to see how well your DD has done and another fine example of what a mess the whole system is in as she is clearly in the right school. I have had a look through their previous Ofsted report, nothing too promising so far...
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Not evidence of grades slipping generally in the school? Although how you`d find that out with an obstructive HT I don`t know. We were very lucky with the year 6 teacher we had....and TBH the HT was terrific AFTER the OFSTED.
Its interesting as Danecourt always seemed to be the underdog compared to Clarendon.

Are you in Thanet? or could you look at Roger Manwood too?
missb

Post by missb »

We are in Thanet :)
missb

Post by missb »

Hello again, with regard to providing evidence should I be sending in original certificates for music grades or will a letter from music teacher stating where she's up to be sufficient?
999 mum

Post by 999 mum »

U400JB9 wrote:Not evidence of grades slipping generally in the school? Although how you`d find that out with an obstructive HT I don`t know.
have a look at the dfe website.

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/per ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a lot of data on here. (open up the csv file for more detail)
missb

Post by missb »

Percentage achieving Level 4 or above in both English and mathematics has gone from 70% in 2008 to 56% in 2011, do you think this would be relevant? And would I just write, "according to the department for education's website, blah blah"

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I looked through all school reports today and DD did not make any progress in NC level for maths between end of year 3 and end of year 4. Her year 4 teacher was off sick for a considerable period of time and the class had supply teachers. I spoke to Deputy head who said she would be hesitant to mention this in case they ask how the other children in the class got on, and some of them did progress. What do you good people think would be the best course of action regarding this?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now