gs place withdrawn

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wailea

gs place withdrawn

Post by wailea »

I wondered if someone could give some advice on the best approach for the following situation. Child (boy) was offered place at first preference grammar school on 02/03/12. Parents received a letter from the council on 07/03/12 stating that the place was withdrawn because they had provided incorrect information. Parents had written in their application that they wished their son to attend that grammar school because their 3 daughters were at the girls' grammar which has strong links with the boys' school. The preference GS is in catchment while the second offer is not and is further away.
Boy is absolutely distraught.
Having read C16 of Q&A appeals, I wondered whether this is a case of maladministration? or would there be a better approach

many thanks
Wailea
hermanmunster

Re: gs place withdrawn

Post by hermanmunster »

What did the letter actually say? the parents wiritng that about their preference on the form shouldn't have made a difference as his eligibility will have been on passing the test and living in the right place.

did they give the correct address??
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Have they asked which information was incorrect? Usually it's to do with where people actually live rather than the address on the CAF.
wailea

Post by wailea »

I don't really have anymore information. Sorry
Wailea
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I don't think you can help without the full facts - ask to see the letter from the LA if they want your support.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Parents had written in their application that they wished their son to attend that grammar school because their 3 daughters were at the girls' grammar which has strong links with the boys' school.
Provided this is what they actually wrote, and provided they were just answering the question about reasons for their preference, I can't see a problem.

I hope they weren't answering a question "Are there any siblings at the school?"

As others have said, we need to be sure of the facts.
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now