Advice needed

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
clumsymum

Advice needed

Post by clumsymum »

Hi there
I am new to this forum. My son just missed out on a grammer school place, and will be going to a fairly good local academy that he's junior school is a feeder school to. My only issue is that on joining this school in year 5 he had major bullyng and a racial abuse from some of the year 6 boys. Unfortunately they also moved to the local school so my son will be joining them there in september. Academically my son is doing the level 5 and the level 6 sats for the school in a few weeks, are appeals just based on medical reasons for an unexpected score ? Your advice gratefully received.
Etienne

Re: Advice needed

Post by Etienne »

are appeals just based on medical reasons for an unexpected score ?
No - academic evidence would be of more importance. See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I doubt that you need extenuating circumstances - especially if he only just missed out.
Etienne
clumsymum

Post by clumsymum »

Thanks Etienne, think we may have left it a bit late for appeal.Not even sure if we got strong enough grounds, and Essex where we live ( CRGS) have only had one successful appeal in the last few years.But thanks for your advice anyway :?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

You're right to take account of the success rate.

However, there is no statutory deadline for appealing - the 'deadline' that's published is just an administrative one to ensure everyone has the opportunity to be included in the first (main) batch of appeals.

Good luck whatever you decide!
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now