Appeal via Skype denied

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
suzanne

Re: Appeal via Skype denied

Post by suzanne »

We have submitted the appeal in line with the advice on this forum - academic evidence and mitigating circumstances. I don't really think I can go into these on this forum as its not my child (but I will copy this link to the parents in case they want to comment).

I don't know if its an oversubscription appeal too. How would I find this out?

Many thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

If the school filled all of the places on March 1st and possibly had a waiting list then it will be an oversubscription appeal as well. There is some info in the FAQ about these - important to explain why the school is the right school for the child...
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Hi Suzanne, I think you can just phone the school and ask if they have reached their PAN (published admissions number) for next year or alternatively ask the LEA.Very good luck!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Bear in mind, though - even if they're not yet up to PAN - this could change during the course of the appeals. If, for example, they have just a few vacancies, but lots of appellants, you can see what might happen ............

For this reason I think it would be prudent for everyone going to appeal to include reasons for wanting a place at the school:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now