WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Well done Doobie!

I bet your thrilled, enjoy the feeling!

Have a fantastic night and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

AM
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

What fantastic news. So very pleased for you and your family.

Well done!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I am VERY, VERY happy for you. I know what you have been through at an Appeal, but you have also had the stress of it being a DDA case.

Please check in to the Forum occasionally Doobie. Your experience will be truly invaluable to future parents on that issue.

If you wish to accept invitations to Rehab, please do, but be warned - it is the Hotel California! Once you're there ....!

My very good wishes to you and your son.

Sally-Anne
Alex

Post by Alex »

Have you come down from cloud 9 yet! Hope the G&T was extra extra L A R G E !!

Just wanted to add my congratulations - your perseverance and determination has paid off. You kept going despite your ghastly experiences with the first appeal and I think you have found a lovely school and an exceptional head teacher!

Get that holiday booked!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Alex wrote:Get that holiday booked!
Where is she taking us all Alex?

:lol:

Sally-Anne
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

WELL DONE DOOBIE!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

YES THE FORUM DOES SEEM TO BE ON A ROLL AT THE MO, KEEP THE BALL ROLLING!!!!!!!

Footymad xx.

Post by Guest »

Alex wrote:Have you come down from cloud 9 yet! Hope the G&T was extra extra L A R G E !!
Sorry - I can not agree.

The '&T' is not necessary. 'G' is all that is needed to unwind (as I can confirm after playing in a concert on Sunday night - with 2 hours notice & no rehersal).

Champagne or a good other fizz is always good. 1 bottle each (and one for each child - which you'll have to drink for them).

Very pleased it went well.

We took the unprofessional? decision to call down the stairs to one family & call them back up the stairs to tell them that their appeal had succeeded. It wasn't part of the main appeals (it was for entry into the current year 7 - transfer in from outside the area, but was heard in the middle of the Y6 appeals) - and as the paperwork was quite clear (we'd discussed it before they came in), and we just needed a few points from the school clarifying, once we'd heard that, we only took 20 seconds to agree (as in "well, I think that's pretty clear..." "yes, it is" "shall we tell them" "no, they've got to get a letter" "they will later - we're in charge - we're the panel - we can do what we like"). The mum was almost in tears as she went out, was in tears when we called down the stairs, and even more in tears when we told her it was 'yes'. We also made sure we commented loudly that it was not part of the other appeals, and was for Y7/8, and we normally notify by post, just in case there were any parents from the main appeals within listening. Why prolong the agony.

I've never seen the response from giving the result of the appeal before. Sadly, not everyone ends up that happy.

Capers
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Many many congratulations Doobie

I bet you're on a high, very well deserved to both you and your son.

Brilliant news!
NKM
HP

Post by HP »

to you Doobie for your perseverence and to your son.

HP