thank you everyone....

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Bo Peep wrote: ....... your son is blessed to have you.
Sums up my feelings! Scooby, I know how hard you worked, preparing for the appeal. You couldn't have done more.

I'm glad that you have an acceptable alternative.

Best wishes
Etienne
jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

Hi Scooby

I am so sorry to hear the news of your appeal. I really do know how you are feeling as I have been there.

It is very disappointing, you did everything you could and that means there is a sense of closure. If you had not gone to appeal there would have been no closure......only what if!...

Jenny
Tired Mum

Post by Tired Mum »

Hi Scooby,

Sorry to hear your news. I am glad that your alternative school is Ok and hope that you can now rest knowing that you did the very best for your child. Too many parents give up at the first hurdle, you did not and showed fight and faith. No, you were not successful with your appeal but you have shown yourself to be an honorable parent prepared to step up to the plate when necessary, even though it was not easy.

My very best wishes to you and your son.

TM
Jed

Post by Jed »

Hello Scooby

Having had the same experience you had last year, I now honestly believe that being at the top of a good comp can bring immense confidence to a bright child in a way that being in the middle of a good grammar sometimes doesn't.

Our year 7 daughter is flying high in her favourite subjects and receives continuous encourgement in the form of personalised letters home, special trips, G&T days, etc. Our eldest daughter is at a grammar and has always done very well but the feeling does seem to be more that this is to be expected.

A good comp really values achievement in whatever area it manifests itself. It could be the making of your son, so look forward with excitement - I bet you find yourself defending comps loudly within a term!

Jed
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

thank you again everyone, I slept well last night and feel positive about the future. Good luck to everyone that is still waiting. I don't feel anything like I did on March 3rd thank goodness!
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

So sorry to hear of your news.
I was away for a while and didn't get to the forum till today.

I am so glad you had a good night's sleep and that you are content with your efforts. You should be really proud of yourself for doing a hard job for your child.

I am so pleased you have an alternative that you can work with.
You know,everyone here wished so much that you will get what you worked for and when it did not happen that way, all felt humbled by your thanks and acceptance of what is to be.

You're a great parent ...but then you already know that!!

Best wishes to you and your son.

Post by Guest »

Sorry to hear your news Scooby :?
I enjoyed Jed's post and agree that being top of a good comp would be more encouraging than coasting at grammar. :wink:

I'm kind of in the same situation, with DD2 who's going to a comp bout 6 miles away in September this year, this being as the sink school is right across the main road from us! :shock:

Good luck Scooby, stay in touch as I'm going to come back from time to time to see how everyone else is getting on, and report back on DD1 and DD2's progress at grammar and comp schools. 8)

Footymad xx.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now