Lost our Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Re: Lost our Appeal

Post by Guest »

New Appeal Parent wrote::(

We just heard that we lost our appeal. We are very upset. I just keep going back to the forum. We are not sure whether we should now ask for the clerk's notes as the reason for rejecting our appeal does not make sense as we thought we had such a strong case and hours and hours went in on our appeal statement. At the end of the day it seems a waste of time for everybody.
We just got a response for the request of the Clerk's notes and it reads " .... County Council is unable to supply the information requested as it is exempt under section 32(2) of the Freedom of Information ACT" How do we go forward? Any advice would be much appreciated.

New Appeal Parent :lol:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear N.A.P.

I suggest you write back pointing out that you are not asking for information under the FOI Act. You are requesting personal information under the Data Protection Act, and will take a complaint to the Information Commissioner if you have not received a satisfactory response within 40 calendar days from the date you first submitted your request.

I am assuming that you mentioned the Data Protection Act in your first request. See this thread:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... oner#27662

Regards
Etienne
New Appeal Parent

Post by New Appeal Parent »

No we did not mention the Data Protection Act. Have just emailed them requesting the information as you suggested. Is there any reason that they may refuse the information? Has any one had this experience?

Just thought to let you all know that my Son's SATs results were all level 5s with high 5s in Maths and Science. He only dropped 4 marks in Maths! What is the point as he did not get into the school of his choice!

:cry: