11+ Results

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
maysam_abbod

11+ Results

Post by maysam_abbod »

I am writing to you seeking advice on the appeal procedure for the 11 plus results. My daughter has taken the exam and her marks are bellow the threshold. Her results are not a true reflection to her ability. This is due to an event that occurred during the exam. While she was doing the test at Iqra School, the invigilator has looked at her paper and ask her to erase the ticks that she has made and redo them as she claimed that the tick are not clear enough. This has caused my daughter 5 minutes delay during the process. However at the end of the exam and after taking the papers, the students were given some time to fix the ticks that they have made on the answer sheet. So my daughter was disadvantaged when she spent 5 minutes re-doing the ticks, while the exam is all about timing. I think the invigilator has no right in intervening with the students answers, their task is to monitor the students not to watch what they are answering.
On this based I would like to put an appeal so that this fact can be considered in the admission.
What is the procedure for placing an appeal,
Is it done in the current school, or by the council,
Should we do the appeal ourselves, or is it has to be done through the school.
What is the deadline for the appeal,
On the CAF, shall I place Langley Grammar as the first choice or it does not matter if it is the second.
Should I do and see the head teacher at Iqra or this is not related.
Would it be more informative to see the admission team.
hermanmunster

Re: 11+ Results

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Maysam - have a read of the info here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can appeal for a school you have listed on the CAF and who has rejected your application - this will only hapen AFTER the allocations in March - if you want to go to Langley then put that first and appeal after March 1st.

Did you mention the event at the time ? It can be more useful if it was recorded.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

As Herman says, there will be an expectation that you would have raised any concerns at the time, not least because it can be more difficult to investigate what happened months after the event.

However, you need to focus on other matters. Your appeal is most likely to be decided on the basis of alternative academic evidence and reasons for wanting a place.
What is the procedure for placing an appeal,
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b51" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is it done in the current school, or by the council,
Should we do the appeal ourselves, or is it has to be done through the school.
You appeal to the relevant admission authority. (If the school is responsible for its own admissions, you appeal to the school.)
What is the deadline for the appeal,
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On the CAF, shall I place Langley Grammar as the first choice or it does not matter if it is the second.
Put the schools in your true order of preference.
Should I do and see the head teacher at Iqra or this is not related.
I think you should see the head because you will need as much academic evidence as possible to support your appeal.
Etienne
maysam_abbod

Post by maysam_abbod »

Thank you for the advice, very helpful links and information.