Should I appeal scored 207 birmingham

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Shez24

Should I appeal scored 207 birmingham

Post by Shez24 »

Ds failed 11+ scored 207 was not expecting so low as has been getting 255 vr & nvr year 5 was doing well english & maths ...not sure we should appeal due to extenuating circumstances as ds has had a lot of medical problems since spring term year 5 has had lots of admissions to hospital suffering chronic pain all over body & chest which can last for a week then go away & come back have been back & forth to consultent who are not sure what causing this. have sent more detail to the appeal box.. Has had alot of time off school from march threw to October and when at school spent slot of time in health centre ...not sure worth to appeal for bv he would of needed min 212 &216 kea ?
TrinISam

Re: Should I appeal scored 207 birmingham

Post by TrinISam »

Sorry to hear about the fail, can't really give any great advice on appealing but I would say its defiantly worth ago on the bases that you dc can achieve that score having had 'x' amount of time off school, so could they look at the potential, you've hot nothing to loose!

Btw how do you find out levels beforehand if the test, to compare with 11+ exam results??

All the best on your appeal
Shez24

Post by Shez24 »

Nvr & vr are tested every year at ds school from year 3 they say it's just a guide to help you decide on secondary schools , I know 11+ is quite different kids can perform different on the day...just feel he might of under performed on the day he has had to deal with alot this year been on lots of medication codeine ,morphine has been affected emotionally has a lot of anxiety has also been referred to clinical phycologyst to help deal with his stress & cope with pain ...
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!

See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now