More than one appeal - same appeal panel member/s

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
countrymum

More than one appeal - same appeal panel member/s

Post by countrymum »

This is fretting me a bit....

More than likely we shall be appealing at more than one GS. I am not so naive to think we shall win one GS appeal if any, but do believe we have a solid case on the non qual one, and any other appeals would be over subs only. I want to prove why school 'x' is right for my child, but then may have to appeal again and say actually school 'y' is also best for my child and with possibly the same panel member/s at both appeals (which I know can happen) has raised questions.

I GENUINELY believe x school would be right for DD, however I also GENUINELY think y or even z school would also be. Are panel members aware and understanding that this can happen? Of course all schools have their own individual merit/s why would be right but this has me very confused.
Etienne

Re: More than one appeal - same appeal panel member/s

Post by Etienne »

This issue is covered in the Q&As ....... :)
Etienne
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Thanks Etienne :)
Last edited by countrymum on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

countrymum wrote:I take it an appeal member could easily ask me at an appeal "Are you appealing elsewhere" ?
I've never asked that. When I sit, I am only interested in the one school, not what other arrangements you may be making or schools you may be appealing for.

The only time I do get to know that a parent is doing more than one appeal is when they've been careless in the paperwork - they've just cut and pasted their written appeal and forgotten to change the name of the school, or there's a letter supporting the appeal mentioning the other school. It does happen :shock:
Capers
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Thanks Caper :)
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

If it helps I have met the same panellist at three different appeals and whilst she recognised me I don't think that we were at a disadvantage and this lady asked different questions pertinent to each appeal. We were asked by another panellist at one hearing if we were appealing to other schools and she jumped in to say that she felt that it was irrelevant and inappropriate. I have come to the conclusion that they are short on panellists in our area! :wink:
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

tigger2 wrote:If it helps I have met the same panellist at three different appeals and whilst she recognised me I don't think that we were at a disadvantage and this lady asked different questions pertinent to each appeal. We were asked by another panellist at one hearing if we were appealing to other schools and she jumped in to say that she felt that it was irrelevant and inappropriate. I have come to the conclusion that they are short on panellists in our area! :wink:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:)
Etienne