No school support

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
M4a

No school support

Post by M4a »

Hi, my little one scored 120 in the recent bucks 11+ test, really devastated that he only missed out by one mark! I went to see the school head today to obtain a selection review pack, but the head teacher said that he wouldn't support my application as he doesn't believe it's the right choice for my little one. What would my chances be without the support? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark
Etienne

Re: No school support

Post by Etienne »

What would my chances be without the support? Any suggestions?
It depends whether you can put together a sufficiently compelling academic case. Without school support this will be more difficult.

Have you seen our list of possible academic evidence?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
jamesberks

Re: No school support

Post by jamesberks »

Hi Mark,

Our head says they don't support 11+ appeals (policy) rather than they wouldn't support our appeal.

I could be demonstrating ignorance about how things work in Bucks but if you were to appeal you may be able to put a better spin on it by suggesting lack of support was down to policy rather than personal to your individual child. There's tons of excellent advice on this site including many articles which you should work your way through.

James
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now