Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sen Appeals
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:00 pm 

Hi
My child is statmented and we have to name a secondary school in his statement .My son didn't pass the 11plus exam in Essex. If we named a grammar school and the LAE refuse .How the appeal process is going to be .Which evidence we will need. I will attach some evidence .please let me know if we have a chance.

Post subject: Re: Sen Appeals
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:12 pm 

Welcome, sendis!

Para. 3.21 of the Appeals Code states:
Quote:
Appeals by the parent of a child with a statement of Special Educational Needs against the choice of school named in the statement, or the fact that no school has been named, are considered by the First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability), not a school admission appeal panel.

I suggest that you contact your local Parent Partnership for advice and support.

Here are some other suggestions our members have made:
T12ACY wrote:
http://www.ipsea.org.uk/
This is a charity which offers free advice to families of children with disabilities and they have a helpline. Etienne, as this is a free access charity I trust it is acceptable to link here?

Clarabelle wrote:
I don't class myself as wise or knowledable but wanted to recommend Network 81 and SOS!SEN. Both deal with education & SEN issues ....... I spoke with our local Network 81 rep today & now find myself on the long road to 2nd opinions, statements & funding private ed. psych reports as well as wrestle with the issue of appealing to grammar schools renowned for a very low success rate.

Post subject: Re: Sen Appeals
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:58 pm 

Thank you Etienne

We already contact our local Parent Partnership for advice and support to amend my son statement ,they were helpless but we get a lot of help from netwok 81. So I think we will contact them again to ask for advice.

thanks