Should I appeal for KES in Warwickshire?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
leammum

Should I appeal for KES in Warwickshire?

Post by leammum »

Hi everyone - I wonder if you can help me. My ds scored 317 and the min waiting list score for KES is 321, so he's not on the waiting list. Is there any point our appealing, or, as he points out, won't the boys on the waiting list who are appealing get in over and above him? He has a place at a good comp which he and I are happy with, but I suppose I feel like I'm letting him down if I don't even try to appeal, but at the same time, I'm not keen to go through the experience if there's absolutely no chance of success at all! Does anyone know of any cases where children have got in even when they're below the min waiting list score by a few points? I do feel he would thrive at grammar school -he's a good all-rounder and is being entered for level 6 sats for literacy and numeracy; I think nerves just got the better of him on the day. Any advice would be much appreciated - my guess is there's little point appealing - am I right?
NancyB

Re: Should I appeal for KES in Warwickshire?

Post by NancyB »

Waiting list position has no weight in an appeal. If you have good grounds for appeal, then you could beat an appealant who happens to be on the waiting list who has lesser grounds. Appeals panels are not given waiting list position.
leammum

Re: Should I appeal for KES in Warwickshire?

Post by leammum »

Thank you NancyB - I hadn't realised that.