Appeal question

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
flosmum

Appeal question

Post by flosmum »

Hello all,
Our appeal for YS is based on over-subscription and I've submitted the appeal form to the school with my reasons. I've been madly googling and reading all-sorts and have now found this rather helpful site so I have a question. One of my reasons is that the school we've appealed to is the best suited to my son. Part of my argument is that my eldest son attended the other school in question and did not achieve his full potential as he was consistently overlooked throughout his time there. His head of year told me he'd 'slipped through the net'.

Consequently I don't have much faith in that school. I've put that on my form despite the fact that it's not considered good practice to moan about other school. I feel it's important that the panel know my feelings.

I've also put in that the school we're appealing to would suit my YS down to the ground and I want to expand on this side of things a bit more.
So, what I really want your opinions on is have I done the right thing?
Etienne

Re: Appeal q estion

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!
So, what I really want your opinions on is have I done the right thing?
You haven't necessarily done the wrong thing - provided you do move the focus on to the school you want.
I feel it's important that the panel know my feelings.
Logically, it's even more important that they understand why the school you want will best suit your son.
This is why they're hearing your appeal, and this is what most of your case ought to be about.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
flosmum

Re: Appeal question

Post by flosmum »

Thank you Etienne. I'm going to get something else together that does focus more on why the school's the best for my son. I've just had the waiting list letter to say they've not been able to reallocate a place so it's all hanging on the appeal. My goodness it's a strain but it's a relief to see in black and white on this forum that I'm by no means alone.
flosmum

Post by flosmum »

Just an update Etienne. We had a call this morning from the school saying they've allocated a place to my son so we don't need to go through the appeals process after all. What a relief. I'm still confused though as we had the letter from KCC on Thursday saying there was no place for him via re-allocations.
Thank you for your help.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Hope you won't be too disappointed at missing out on the joys of an appeal. :wink:

Many congratulations! :D
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now