Warwickshire appeal -non-qualification or over-subscription?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

leammum

Warwickshire appeal -non-qualification or over-subscription?

Post by leammum »

Hi, I wonder if you can advise. I'm pretty confused about whether our appeal is non qualification or over subscription or both, even after reading all the Q&As here. We are appealing for a place at KES, Stratford, and have dates in May for hearing. Up til now I have based case purely on non-qualification (my son was 4 marks short of waiting list min) and have collated evidence to show high achievement. However, I am now wondering if I must present reasons why that particular grammar school is best for him, and so on, ie make case against over-subscription also? Our case against over-sub is not strong I don't think - we don't live that close to the school, he has no sibling there, etc. But it is the only viable grammar near to us and our case rests on fact that he is grammar school standard. I hope someone can help; our individual hearing is 3 May. :|
Etienne

Re: Warwickshire appeal -non-qualification or over-subscript

Post by Etienne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
c) If you are addressing the issue of oversubscription (and it would be wise to assume that, even if the school is not oversubscribed at the time of initial allocations, it is likely to become oversubscribed during the summer term) -
  • then you need to give reasons for wanting or needing a place at the school, and where appropriate those reasons must be supported with evidence. See also C20b. Chances of success at appeal
Etienne