Birmingham appeals

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
slimchance

Birmingham appeals

Post by slimchance »

Hi I have my appeal date for end of may, I have received info today that last year there was 23 appeals for Bishop Vesey all unsuccessful! Would be interested if anyone knows if there has ever been a succesful appeal for this school ??
Naynay2408

Re: Birmingham appeals

Post by Naynay2408 »

Hello, unfortunately I don't know much about the school you are appealing for however, very much aware that Birmingham have a terrible reputation for not allowing appeals to go through. There record is 5.8% out of the national average 22%.
Do think that their must be something wrong with the way they conduct appeals or maybe a culture that they are just use to. I have my appeal on Friday and have never been this stressed in my life.
Naynay2408

Post by Naynay2408 »

slimchance wrote:Hi I have my appeal date for end of may, I have received info today that last year there was 23 appeals for Bishop Vesey all unsuccessful! Would be interested if anyone knows if there has ever been a succesful appeal for this school ??
Hello, I don't know much about your school and can't offer advice regarding it. But Birmingham is none for not upholding appeals and they seem to be quite proud of it. 5.8% of appeals are upheld compared to the national average 22%. However, one would argue is there a culture that has developed within the institute and not been addressed. I have my appeal on Friday and have to say I have never been stressed in my life.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I know this year Sutton Coldfield Grammar school for Girls had 28 Appeals of which 17 were heard on the Monday of this week.Three were withdrawn on the day.The other 11 were heard on the Tuesday.All Appellants were going to be written to within 5 working days on the outcomes.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

We'll close this thread as we're not sure it helps to respond two years after the event! :roll:
Etienne