Advice re review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: Advice re review

Post by southbucks3 »

Hello

I am also getting no where fast towards a remark and analysis..2 emails, 2 phone calls. I am beginning to think about going to aylesbury with the cash in my hand. How much consideration for being busy should i give them?

Also nervous about going straight to appeal, as my son's teacher is worried about there being far more success at review last year than appeal percentage wise, i am assuming this may be because most of the appeals in 2012 had already filtered through the reviews unsuccessfully. She is v v supportive though, and we really need to present his case in person to ensure it is fully understood.
Dragonamp

Post by Dragonamp »

Hi Southbucks, it sounds as if we are on the horns of similar dilemmas.

The advice I had re getting a re-mark by mailing admissions is, I think, wrong.

It is available online - stumbled across it the other day when trawling the Bucks website. I have had a quick look but can't find it again.

Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment. Perhaps someone else will have a link.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Does this help?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... on#p402242" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Dragonamp

Post by Dragonamp »

That's the fella!

https://apps2.buckscc.gov.uk/eCommerce/ ... logue.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

That is why i rang, then e mailed them...the blooming link never works for me..when and if i can find it, it just says error! I am going to ring them again in a bit, i will update you.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Could I just check that you're not copying and pasting the link? That won't work with a shortened link.

Here is the link in full:
https://apps2.buckscc.gov.uk/ecommerce/ ... Admissions

If you click on it, it ought to work!
Etienne
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Etienne wrote:Could I just check that you're not copying and pasting the link? That won't work with a shortened link.

Here is the link in full:
https://apps2.buckscc.gov.uk/ecommerce/ ... Admissions

If you click on it, it ought to work!
Thank you...no it wasnt a copy paste thing, it was apparently their server is 'having intermittent problems' as the nice lady told me. I literaly managed to complete it seconds ago before your post, phew! The frustrating thing was when i looked last week without my cash card in hand, it worked perfectly every time. The last time the bcc server had probs when i tried it i was waiting for the snowy day school closures list...it drove the kids bonkers not knowing for sure, in the end we listened to the wireless gor the info.

Edit: twenty mins later i have replies to both e mails too! Its like blooming buses! :roll:
Dragonamp

Post by Dragonamp »

Hi Etienne, just had WISC IV test results back and I'm afraid they are solid rater than spectacular.

Verbal comprehension 104 Average
Perceptual Reasoning 110 High Average
Working Memory 113 High Average
Processing Speed 115 High Average
Full Scale IQ 114 High Average

On balance, we are happy that we did the test as it has thrown up some interesting insights into DD. As you suggested earlier, her good sats scores may be a result of application and environment.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Sorry to hear it didn't deliver the 'right' evidence - but I agree that these reports are often helpful in that they provide interesting insights.
Etienne
Bookmark

Post by Bookmark »

Hi, first post here...

What would the "right" result be in terms of Wisc IV figures? would it matter if the test was taken 4 years ago (child then aged 6)? Can these results really help to tip the balance? Thanks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now