Momydem appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
momydem

Momydem appeal

Post by momydem »

This site has really been very helpful all through the 11+ process for my daughter and I've learnt alot and enjoyed reading comments/suggestions/assistance all through.
But now I really do need your piece of advice. My DD passed all 3, WHSG, NW(237)and Nonsuch(226).
In the notification letter from WHSG they said and i quote "we very much hope you decide to place us as your first choice on the CAF". Our daughters preparation for 11+ has always been geared towards gaining entry into WHSG. In view of this, we put WHSG as our first choice, a local comp as 2nd, NW, and Nonsuch respectively as 3rd & 4th.

Now the problem, results are now out and we weren't offered 1st choice but the local comp. DD is devastated and I have no clue as to what to do or how to go about the wait list/appeal process. 

Please advise Etienne/SallyAnn/anyone as we are really confused and do not know what to do or where to go from here.

I have split this from another thread to keep all of the info for Momydem in one place - herman
Last edited by momydem on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Re: Momydem appeal

Post by hermanmunster »

OK - have a bit more info from you previous post:
momydem wrote:Hi all,
This is my first post on this forum but I've been privileged to be a member for awhile now and appreciate all posts here.
I would also appreciate comments regarding Wallington, Newstead Wood and Nonsuch girls. My daughter passed all three Nonsuch - 226, Newstead -237 and Wallington too. So, so proud of her. We are IC for NW and WHSG but OOC for Nonsuch. Any comments/advise/suggestions would be appreciated from anyone who knows a lot or has a DD in these schools highlighting strengths/weaknesses. This will also aid in our list of preference on the CAF. Congrats to all DD's who made it into one or more! Well done!
Many thanks. :)
Your CAF looks like:

1) Wallington - passed but not allocated - the cutoffs are listed in an e-mail that someone posted, what did she score for Wallington?
For your information, the lowest score offered under criterion 4.4.3 was 374, the lowest score offered under criterion 4.4.4 was 352, and the lowest score offered under criterion 4.4.5 was 343.
2) Comprehensive - allocated as eligible and did not get into (1)

3) Newstead Wood 237 (in catchment) - not sure of the cutoff for this yet - does anyone know any more?

4) Nonsuch 226 OOC - would have needed a score of 230 if out of catchment
momydem

Post by momydem »

Thank you very much for your response hermanmunster.
CAF was in this order WHSG, comp, NW,NS and others. I've been trying to find out the cut-off for NW.
DD score for WHSG is 362.
We are OOC for NS.
Pls advise.
momydem

Post by momydem »

Also just discovered - my error, that we are 8.2km away from WHSG as I'd initially looked at the distance in miles(5.5m) and not Km.
Just confused now don't know what to do.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

momydem wrote:Also just discovered - my error, that we are 8.2km away from WHSG as I'd initially looked at the distance in miles(5.5m) and not Km.
Just confused now don't know what to do.
Looking at the policy and the admissions for each category, that unless you get on the top 100 (lowest score for this was 374) or live in catchment it is unlikely you would be offered a place at that distance - hence the reason why you got your second choice.

You can appeal to WHSG on oversubscription grounds
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or we need to see if any more info comes to light about NW's cut off - it may be worth asking if you can be on the waiting list there.
elevenpraforum

Post by elevenpraforum »

hi...my friend's daughter scored 231 for NW and got in. So I think your daughter would have definitely got in as they go by rank order and Group 1.
momydem

Post by momydem »

Many thanks @ Hermanmunster and elevenpraforum.
DD on waiting list. We're keeping fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed. Praying for a miracle. Thank you all.
elevenpraforum

Post by elevenpraforum »

Hi Momydem,

Any update about your daughter's admission into Newstead Wood? I ask as my friend who has twins was offered newstead as their first choice, but have now decided to go to Nonsuch. So two seats are available.

Good Luck.
momydem

Post by momydem »

Many thanks @ elevenpraforum. I sincerely appreciate your kindness. I will pm you now.
elevenpraforum

Post by elevenpraforum »

Hi Momydem,

May I ask if your daughter has got a place in wallington? My friend's child has been offered a place in their second round of offers.

Good Luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now