Non-qualification

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Candy33

Re: Non-qualification

Post by Candy33 »

Hi Ettiene,

Is it a good idea to mention the fact that the school my DS has been allocated is in 'special measures' and that I am wary of him going there as his first primary school was also in special measures and he got bored there because he was not been pushed to learn. The problem is that his 2nd/current primary school has gone from outstanding to 'special measures' in the last 2 years. Do you think that the panel will see the contradiction in this?

Many thanks
Etienne

Re: Non-qualification

Post by Etienne »

Candy33 wrote:Hi Ettiene,

Is it a good idea to mention the fact that the school my DS has been allocated is in 'special measures' and that I am wary of him going there as his first primary school was also in special measures and he got bored there because he was not been pushed to learn.
You could slip it in at some point - but keep it low key, no more than a sentence.
The problem is that his 2nd/current primary school has gone from outstanding to 'special measures' in the last 2 years. Do you think that the panel will see the contradiction in this?
I doubt that they'll pick up on it.

As far as the primary schools are concerned, you've obviously had experience of schools in special measures.

As far as the secondary schools are concerned, I think your preference can only be determined on the basis of the information you currently have.
Etienne