Help, I dont know if I should appeal?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Kerry13

Help, I dont know if I should appeal?

Post by Kerry13 »

Hi my DS's head teacher phoned me to give DS's results today, he did not pass and got the following:

Verbal 134, Non Verbal 124 and Maths 113.
The head did go through with a head teacher appeal and was told there was not enough evidence to support a grammar place in Maths. My DS has had a horrible year health wise and missed alot of school, im wondering if this is why there was not enough evidence, im completely confused. I could have understood if they had said it was beacuse of the quality of his Maths. I am now wondering whether to apppeal, we has parents meeting this week and he is so far at 4A,s and is expected level 5s at the end of the year.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
tigger2

Re: Help, I dont know if I should appeal?

Post by tigger2 »

Hi Kerry

In the first instance I would go back to your ht and ask for a copy of the form that they submitted for the review and also ask if they would support an appeal. You will need very good evidence in maths to show that your ds is going to thrive in a gs but I would think that it is well worth trying. If you think you might appeal I think that it is worth telling the class teacher as eell as the ht. Good luck x
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

I'd add your chances of success do depend on which school (s) you're hoping to appeal to. I was able to secure a place for DS with 2 failed papers, maths was 113, so it's by no means impossible. He is thriving in Maths with a SAT level 8 at the end of year 9 so I felt utterly justified I was right!!!!

Good luck

T x
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Read the Q&A on the appeals section , it is very comprehensive and may help with your questions

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(The bright green bit!)
Kerry13

Appeal- and marking in the wrong box

Post by Kerry13 »

Hi, I have posted previously regarding whether of not I should appeal. My DS scored in the Kent test:

VR 134 NVR 124 Maths 113

Maths is normally his strong point, so really didn't think this would be the one to let him down! I have an appointment with the Headteacher today, so in preparation I asked if he felt that anything went wrong during the Maths exam. My DS replied that half way through he had a panic that he had marked the answers in the wrong boxes but didn't want to waste any too much time to check so thought he would check at the end and ran out of time!
My question is is there any way to confirm/check that this is what happened?
Many thanks in advance.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The Q&As ........

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b55" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Kerry13

Post by Kerry13 »

Just an update, we found out that we won our appeal today! I am very relieved to say the least and have a very happy son. Good luck for you still waiting for hearings or results.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now