Does this warrant an appeal?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: Does this warrant an appeal?

Post by Amber »

I think the biscuit-givers were well brave. A successful appeal could no doubt arise if someone whose child has an allergy to an ingredient in a biscuit were to assert that although they avoided said confection, the fear of plunging into anaphylaxis caused by a stray floating crumb attached to a rival child prevented them from performing to their full potential, and thereby cost them their rightful place at the desired seat of learning.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Oh don't....I had a horrible exam experience once when a lad near me had used a particularly vile aftershave. I spent half an hour sneezing and sniffing, doubtless disturbing everyone, the invigilators did the normal useful thing of offering me a glass of water :roll: eventually the antihistamines I kept in my pencil case kicked in and I was fine. This was during my materials module exam....I got panicky because my tissue was so wet it was useless I had to use my sleeve...the only other test I can even vaguely remember was the horrific structural mechanics exam. Why do we remember bad things so well?

I really feel for summer hay fever sufferers during A level and gcse papers though. :cry:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

southbucks3 wrote:I really feel for summer hay fever sufferers during A level and gcse papers though. :cry:
Yup, did all my exams half asleep on old-fashioned anti-histamines SB.
Clearly they aided my performance :lol:

JD
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now