Kent pass/Medway fail

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Medmama

Kent pass/Medway fail

Post by Medmama »

Is anyone here aware of a Kent Pass being used in an appeal for a Medway school (Fort Pitt)? DD sat levels at present are now 5c reading, 4a writing and 5c maths.

It surely must hold some value but I'd like to know if anyone has used it successfully.
tigger2

Re: Kent pass/Medway fail

Post by tigger2 »

Hi Medmama

I am hopeful that someone with a bit more experience will be able to assist you ....As far as I know you can use this result as additional academic evidence and I would advise a brief reference to it in an appeal statement but I think that academic evidence from school will have more impact.

It is difficult to say if anyone has used an alternative test result successfully at appeal because the vast majority of appeals will also have academic evidence from school as well as personal reasons for wanting that particular school. I am unaware of any upheld appeal decisions that refer to an appellants success in another test but someone else may well come along and prove me wrong!
Medmama

Post by Medmama »

Thanks Tigger2 :)
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even if a successful appellant has used this sort of evidence, they are very, very unlikely to know what part it played in the decision.
A decision letter would rarely say much more than that the evidence was "noted".
Etienne
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Etienne....I am sorry ,I worded my reply incorrectly ..I meant exactly what you said !!!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

No problem, tigger - we're just saying the same thing in different words! :D
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now