Appeal for Langley Grammar

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
asky

Appeal for Langley Grammar

Post by asky »

Hi

I have applied for my ds under the FSM rule as he is eligible for this category as I am single mother and earning less then £16,000. My son current school just started to serve hot food to infant only.
The mistake I made I never applied in the current school. I have given Langley Grammar right paper work which was accepted. Now they did not consider my son under this category as he is not in receipt of free school meals.

I am going to apply for FSM tomorrow. I want to know in the next round of allocation would they consider my application as normal or under that rule or my appeal has any chances of success?

thanks
Sally-Anne

Re: Appeal for Langley Grammar

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hello, and welcome!

The difficulty you face is this, from the Langley School Admissions Policy:
b) Eligible applicants with a permanent home address [See notes (c) and (d)] within the
school’s General Admission Area who are in receipt of free school meals at the closing
date for submission of the Common Application Form [See note (f)]
Your DS was not in receipt of FSM (even thought he was entitled to them) at the date you submitted the CAF.

Unfortunately I doubt that your application will therefore be reconsidered under that rule, even if you can provide proof of FSM going forward, and also his previous entitlement to them.

I am sorry to say that your only course of action from here is likely to be an Appeal. The outcome of that will depend on your overall case, along with other matters such as FSM.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now