Selection review help needed

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: Selection review help needed

Post by southbucks3 »

No your appeal will not be turned down solely because your evidence of latest sats levels was on plain paper. They will look at all the information presented to them and make an informed decision, although not always the decision we want. As your son did make a huge jump in tested grades the panel understandably would have to look carefully at evidence you provded to support this.
Have you any other appeals, sometimes you can take on board comments made in the earlier appeals to ensure you have that area covered on subsequent appeal hearings.
Don't worry, you have supported your son well whatever the outcome and his huge improvement can only stand him in good stead where ever he begins his secondary school.
Good luck, stop beating yourself up though, I know that feeling but at the end of the day if your son is bright and happy he will succeed.
dino2003

Re: Selection review help needed

Post by dino2003 »

Thanks for the reply. ..that put my mind a bit relax. ...
We only appealed for one grammer school as we are out of county.
The main appeal person was very strict and asked so many question....It seemed like we are fighting a very serious criminal case.......
He was not happy with my son Verbal reasoning result ....but was happy about maths and non verbal. ....He asked for additional evidence for academic ability which being out of county we don't have.....
fingers crossed .....I have no clue what will be the outcome.....
But indeed a very stressful process. ...my husband came out drained and numb.......
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now