12+ appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Eccentric

12+ appeal

Post by Eccentric »

:)
Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Etienne

Re: 12+ appeal

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)

Some of the points listed (e.g. no.3, no. 20) aren't relevant for appeal purposes.
Focus on what matters.
Read the Q&As:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Adjust for 12+ where necessary.)
5. School head will support the appeal (not sure what to ask her to write, any advice please)?
Read the Q&As! :?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Adjust for 12+ where necessary.)

You have the making of a good case, but no one can say what will be enough. Appeals can be unpredictable:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Yes, definitely.
Etienne
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Eccentric wrote: Is it also worth stating that she was not tutored? She went and sat with a next door neighbour and did one mock CGP test before the exam and got 89% but that is all?
Tutoring is dealt with in the Q&As.

Have you also noted the point about independence in B12(i)?
Eccentric wrote:a) That she is given differentiated working all classes in order to stretch her academically.
b) That she has been given a socratic question card to help her to extend the class work independently.
c) That the most able co-ordinator will be giving her special projects to work on and is working with her teachers in order that she is given work that stretches her academically.
d) The maths teacher has said that she produces perfect work in class but does not do so well in tests and she thinks it is a timing issue (despite good levels anyway)
e) ... was offered the opportunity to take exams/tests in a protected environment, we have chosen not to pursue this at the moment in the hope that she will develop resilience.
f) That she is struggling in class in situations where they are put in groups because other children say they do not want to work with her (this is in drama/dance, Humanities and Science I believe).
g) Although I do have a doctors letter to prove that ... has problems spending extended time on computers because of her post concussion syndrome and the headaches that it causes as well as her inability to see the screen, it could be helpful if you could say that the school has been aware of this and that initially in year 7 she was unable to use computer at all and that currently I have asked on the doctors recommendation that she spends no more than 20 minutes on a screen.
Some of these points (e.g. differentiated work, socratic card, special projects) suggest that the current school is catering for her needs, and could undermine the argument that she needs to transfer!
Etienne
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

In regard to independence in B12 are you referring to the letter that I propose that I gat from the psychotherapist? She is qualified and independent and I can give evidence of her qualifications.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Eccentric wrote:In regard to independence in B12 are you referring to the letter that I propose that I gat from the psychotherapist? She is qualified and independent and I can give evidence of her qualifications.
No - no problem with professionals such as psychotherapists! :)

It's mention of private tutors or help from a friend/neighbour that's best avoided!
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now