Tiffin Boys- Any Hope???

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Drastic Dad

Tiffin Boys- Any Hope???

Post by Drastic Dad »

DS scored 219 in Tiffin Boys entrance exam. He has been offered a place at Langley Grammar already but my other 2 sons go to Tiffin Boys. First round allocations were made to boys who scored 227 or above yesterday. Should I appeal? We live right in the middle (9 miles from Tiffin Boys and 9 miles away from Langley Grammar). Main problem is transport as there are no direct transport links to Langley from where we live and DS will have to be dropped and picked daily. I would have been happy for him to go with his brothers every day using 216.

Should we appeal? My other 2 boys are doing fine at Tiffin.My eldest gained 8 As and A*s in his GCSEs last year. Do we have a chance or should I just quietly accept Langley offer and brace myself for driving to and from langley thrice every day after finishing night shifts (in Langley, ironically)?
whichwitch

Re: Tiffin Boys- Any Hope???

Post by whichwitch »

Why did you apply to Langley if the journey is not do-able? Have you checked to see if there are any private mini buses set up for the journey to Langley by other parents? You'd have to show strong reasons why your son didn't score more highly on the day for Tiffin. Very few people win an appeal for Tiffin so your case would have to be very strong indeed. I'm not sure that the panel would accept you having applied for a school that your son might not be able to get to as a good enough reason.
ToadMum

Re: Tiffin Boys- Any Hope???

Post by ToadMum »

Were the other schools you put on your DS's CAF any more convenient to get to? You may be able to reapply to one or more of your lower-ranked schools by asking your LEA to amend the ranking of your preferences.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now