Invigilator's Log

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
charlie69

Invigilator's Log

Post by charlie69 »

Hi,

Can you clarify where a request for a copy of the invigilator's log should be sent to? The School that the test was sat or the LEA?

Is it possible to obtain a copy of my child's score sheets or will they be issued automatically when an appeal is lodged?
Stressed?Moi?

Re: Invigilator's Log

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Hi Charlie

Can't help you but would suggest that you post in the Appeals section as you are more likely to get picked up there. There are people who post on there who have been through the process here in Gloucestershire, so should be able to help. What school are you appealing for?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I have moved this to Appeals. Meanwhile, have you read the Q&A section on appeals? You may find the answer there, if not someone who knows more about appeal process should be along soon.

yoyo
imustbecrazy

Post by imustbecrazy »

When you put your appeal in, you will receive a packet back including your child's answer sheets (not sure if this will change with new exam though), then at the appeal, the log will be read out loud (I think by a school rep). That's what happened for us.
charlie69

Post by charlie69 »

We are considering appealing to Marling. He has a qualifying score but not ranked high enough for a place in the first round of allocations.
There was a disturbance during the test, that if recorded in the log, may help our case, if his scoring dipped at the same time.

I see from the appeals section that a request for the invigilators log can be requested under the data protection act but was unsure where to send the request to. The test school or the LEA?
11+mum123

Post by 11+mum123 »

Phone the actual school admissions and ask who to write to for the request. I did so for LG and they were very helpful. Told me exactly who to address it to and I have already received a phone call acknowledging receipt of letter.
cazien

Post by cazien »

I emailed secretary of GS my DS took the test at, and they replied via email with the log. We were advised to keep it and present it at our appeal

This was a couple of years ago.
Last edited by cazien on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
charlie69

Post by charlie69 »

I called the school today and was told that it would be available at the appeal hearing but not provided before. Seems a bit inconsistent with what others have been told.
NancyB

Post by NancyB »

charlie69 wrote:I called the school today and was told that it would be available at the appeal hearing but not provided before. Seems a bit inconsistent with what others have been told.
Have the others been told that by that particular school for this particular year?
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Sorry - meant this as a PM :oops:
Last edited by capers123 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.