Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Joanne6006

Kent Test & Mayfield GS Test

Post by Joanne6006 »

Hi
Can anyone offer advice?
In the kent test my daughter got 97 in the English, but scored 110 in maths and 125 in reasoning. Is it worth going to appeal? She really wants to go to Mayfield.
She also sat the Mayfield test, which she didn't pass, but from talking to other people, I don't know anyone who has!
:?
Etienne

Re: Kent Test & Mayfield GS Test

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)
Is it worth going to appeal?
Generally speaking, the further away you are from the required mark(s), the harder it's likely to be.
But no one can really answer your question because it depends entirely on how strong an appeal case you can put together.

Have you done any reading yet?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Joanne6006

Post by Joanne6006 »

Hi Etienne,
Thanks for your advice. It is a long shot and I hadn't considered an appeal until her teacher said 'she will support our case 100% as she feels that my daughter has dyslexic tendencies. Screening tests at the school have highlighted this, so the spelling in the reading section will have been part of the issue along with the time pressure of reading the document and answering the questions. If you have any advice on this area, I'd be grateful if you could pass it on. Thanks. Jo
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

There should be three parts to your appeal:

evidence of high ability
evidence of dyslexia
reasons for wanting a place at Mayfield

The more evidence, the better! :)
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now