purple12 thread (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
purple12

purple12 thread (Bucks)

Post by purple12 »

Hi Its that time of the year with Nerves getting the better of me :-)

First of all i would like to say thank u to SallyAnne, Etienne & others that have contributed to this wonderful site, I have certainly gained knowledge in this area.

Now my dilemma....

My DD got 119 in the Bucks test where she scored lower in VR, We have good support from the school in terms of a recommendation letter & predicted good SATS, & am including the CATS result which is approx 94 NPR for most f her results..

Should I got via Selection review or go for appeal, I have heard bcz the Selection review one is not there the chances of selling oneself is less...

Also is the Selection review is not successful what do I need to do to go via the appeal..I am hoping the selection review shoudl resolve the issue but we never know...

I personally would like to go via a Selection Review where all is ready, but just wanted to get a 2nd opinion if I should wait & go for the appeal..

Appreciate some guidance...

Also I am not sure what a selection review maybe looking for but I have strong support from the school & 1:1 predicted where I have focused more on academic evidence but mentioned some extenuating circumstances, like a child crying & people going for toilet breaks..what else should I include ??
Tolstoy

Re: Bucks selection review 2015 HT Reccommendations

Post by Tolstoy »

Purple12' I think it would help if you started your own thread in this section. Also if you haven't already done so read the information in the stickies at the top of the page.

That said in regards to whether to review or appeal all the experts on here can do is point you to the information contained in those stickies. Only you can decide whether to go for a review or wait to appeal. There are risks whichever route you take.

We've started a separate thread as suggested. Thanks

Here are links to the stickies:
    • Hope you won't need our help, but we will be available if you should need assistance with reviews/appeals.
      Please do some reading first of all, before asking questions on the forum.
      Start here

See also this thread. (It tells you exactly what to do if the Selection Review is not successful and you need to go to appeal.)
Once you've finished reading, if you still have unanswered questions, do please let us know.